Mar 30, 2005

Speed Bumps

Eight.

That's how many new speed bumps are being created as we speak. All on the side streets that I take to and from work every day.

Eight in each direction, providing sixteen more times that I have to hit the breaks and re-accelerate my car.

Keep in mind that the route I take to work already has no more than two uninterrupted blocks at a time as is -- with stop lights, stop signs and speed bumps that are already in existence.

Think about that: I rarely get to drive my car more than a block and a half before I'm already slowing down and asking my engine to churn out some more RPMs just to get up enough speed to slow down to a stop again.

And now, they are adding more...

This is what the city has decided will ease traffic and make the streets safe. By adding gridlock and frustration to the few drivers who dare to think outside the box and try faster, more-efficient alternate routes.

BAH!!

No comments: