Apr 18, 2013

In Times of Duress... Photoshop


The news in the last week or so has been more or less horrible. Bombs planted on purpose. Plants blowing up on accident or neglect or worse. Congress too weak to pass gun control legislation that is one ounce better than useless to begin with.

People are finding ways to make fun of the Elvis impersonator who sent poison to the President and a few other officials, but it's only funny because we live in a world so paranoid no single piece of mail directed at Washington actually goes to Washington. And thank God for that this week.

Weeks like this make me want to curl up into a little ball and forget about the human race for a little bit.

Luckily for me, there are wondrous things in my life, starting with my little girl turning one two weeks ago. She's walking now, and babbling up a storm. The joy on her face from something as simple as our cat walking by is enough to make me forget that there are such evil people in the world to begin with, and a reminder that we as a species are more good than bad.

My wife is amazing. The Royals have a winning record. Some incredible individual made a poster for the Star Wars movie that Patton Oswalt imagined while filling time during a Parks and Recreation shoot.

I am sad and angry about what has happened in the last week. I am happy to live in a world filled with distractions to remind me most of us are going to be all right, if we just keep an eye out for lunatics and an open mind about cross-promoting comic book universes with Jedis.

Have a great weekend.

No comments: